International Journal of Taiwan Studies
IJTS- Call for Proposals for Topical Sections
Download the Call for Proposals here.
The International Journal of Taiwan Studies (IJTS), cosponsored by Academia Sinica and the European Association of Taiwan Studies, is a principal outlet for the dissemination of cutting-edge research on Taiwan. Peer-reviewed and published online and in print twice yearly by the award-winning academic publishing house, Brill, IJTS is devoted to all aspects of Taiwan studies, including social sciences, arts and humanities, and topics which are interdisciplinary in nature.
IJTS plans to run topical sections in its future issues where appropriate in order to engage with a wider scholarly community in a timely fashion and to bring attention to innovative and important research trends relevant to the Taiwan studies field. We invite scholars of any disciplines to propose a special topical section by 15 December 2018 to email@example.com
If you would like to be the guest editor of a topical section with IJTS, please include the following in your proposal:
- Title of the proposed topic
- Relevance of the topic (c. 500 words)
- A brief CV
- 3–4 proposed research paper abstracts with authors' names and affiliations (Please note: to ensure quality, proposed papers will also go through the double-blind review process without preferential treatment)
Upon the approval of the IJTS Executive Editorial Board, we will discuss with the guest editor(s) a mutually agreeable time frame and relevant processes. The IJTS will then:
- Circulate an open call for (additional) papers based on the topic
- Receive paper submissions via the IJTS Editorial Manager by an agreed deadline
- Conduct double blind peer review process for all the paper submissions
- Based on the reviews, the IJTS shall select the most suitable 3–4 papers for publication as the topical section. If fewer than 3 papers are selected, the intended topical section will be abandoned while the selected papers will be published individually
- We shall invite the guest editor(s) to write an introduction for the topical section before publication
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the IJTS Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!